The event was carried out in the framework of the December’s 22@network Innovation Commission’s Meeting.
The 22@network Innovation Commission is made up of 29 organizations including universities, companies and other entities. The main objectives of this conglomerate of companies is, on the one hand, the joint realization of projects. Commissions are also created in the companies themselves to create 'a climate of trust and transparency'. On the other hand, it seeks to obtain externalities, 'building trust' and 'building cooperation'.
On this time, the IX Seek and Solve was focused on the available and required instruments to stimulate the innovation between the traditional and creative sector. For this reason, the chosen host entity was IDEAL (www.idealbarcelona.com) a center of digital culture with a unique technological equipment in Spain, which immersive experiences from audio-visual projections, augmented reality, virtual reality and holography to create a new relationship between art and society.
On this scope, main results of the Co-Create project has been presented to the attendees (training and creative camps methodologies, regional feasibility study and funding scheme proposals, etc.) as well as the “Capitalisation kit addressed to a policy makers and public and private partnership”. From which, attendees have started a very interesting discussion and mainly concluded:
- Cross-fertilisation and co-creation initiatives are basic tools to stimulate innovation between the traditional and creative sector.
- There are two main barriers to implement it:
1) Demand from the traditional sector remains still low due to the low demand from the traditional SMEs, that continue to ignore the immense possibilities for their products and services.
2) Lack of funds and programs to carry out cross-fertilisation and co-creation initiatives.
- Lack of spaces and infrastructures specifically dedicates to carry out cross-fertilization and co-creation initiatives to stimulate innovation between the traditional and creative sector.
The event was closed with a visit to the exposition “Claude Monet: The immersive experience” and a small snack.
Attendees was finally informed about, and invited to, the next project events. And informed that, main conclusions will be used as a baseline to capitalize project results during the second capitalization event jointly with the regional policy makers.